Monday, March 2, 2009

A Typical Day in Suji

Suji is a very nice introduction into the asian world.  It is very different from where I grew up but at the same time it's rather familiar.  Like smog for instance:



























That is the grey-blue haze of a sunny day in Suji.  There is a constant slightly yellowish tint to the horizon here that comes from China and is apparently quite poisonous.  Oh, and that dirty waterless aqueduct that's right next to the running path?  It smells twice as bad as it looks.  But for those of you who have ever visited L.A.:



























Super busy and unless you know where you're going, good luck finding anything.  But how about where to go:



























So America adopted the interstate from Germany's autobahn right?  I would go out on a limb and say that South Korea adopted their interstate system from America. 



























Funny side note, it was right in front of this digital clock that a total Korean stranger wearing an A's ball cap stopped me and asked if I was American.  Once I told him yes he shook my hand vigorously then put his arms over his head in a heart shape and screamed, "I love Obama!"  Well we do too pal, believe me.

Some of us do anyway..*cough*..moving on..



























Finally, it's been a long day on your feet, you need to eat, you hit the 7-11.  Only in Suji instead of corn nuts or surprisingly not that bad turkey sandwiches for only $3.50, you get sushi rolls for 1,000 won which translates to about .56 cents.  This stuff is quite tasty and for the price AWESOME.  One thing about living here is that there is hardly any protein to find unless you're willing to spend a bunch of money, instead it's tons of carbs.  And seaweed.  So my body feels good, I'm losing weight, but I'm sure a lot of it is muscle mass though I still exercise regularly.  It's just hard to pack on muscle when most of your diet is rice, seaweed, kimchi, and white bread sandwiches.  

No comments:

Post a Comment